Many thanks to all of you who have joined me here at My Two Hats in 2013. I continue to derive much joy from writing here and to learn so much from readers’ insights. I am ever grateful for the connections and friendships that My Two Hats has brought me.
Here’s a quick wrap-up of 2013.
The top posts for this year fall into two groups for me. Far and away, the posts that garnered the most traffic on a day-to-day basis were those that addressed questions that frequently come up in clinic. They were:
- What Are Those White Spots on My Child’s Face?
- Teething: Myths, Facts, Do’s, and Don’ts
- One Bad Burger: Is It Food Poisoning?
- My Newborn Has a Rash. Should I Worry?
- My Child Has a Fever. Should I Worry? guest post by Dr. Barone
The second group are posts that drew a smaller, but passionate response. These tend to be my sentimental favorites. They included:
- A Few Thoughts on “Modern Parenthood” This is my take on the Pew Research Center’s treasure trove of data about how moms and dads are spending our time and how that has changed over the last few decades.
- Calling Consults My thoughts on the art of the consult in medicine and the need for mutual respect and focus on what’s best for the patient.
- Paper. An important post for me personally; it marked a very intentional return to daily, dedicated reading time that I will continue in 2014 and also led me to start writing book reviews here.
A very Happy New Year to you all! I look forward to continuing the dialog on child health, parenting, and medicine here in this space. Hope you’ll be along for the ride.